Monitoring children coverage in albanian newspapers...
Crime and court reporting...
Education and training
Reporting and privacy...
Reporting on social issues...
Albanian Telegraphic Agency
Balkaweb News Portal
Top Channel TV
Vizion Plus TV ... more
Voice of America ... more
Approved by the Albanian Parliament on 21 October 1998
PART TWO--THE FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
CHAPTER II--PERSONAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
1. Freedom of expression is guaranteed.
2. The freedom of the press, radio and television are guaranteed.
3. Prior censorship of a means of communication is prohibited.
4. The law may require the granting of authorization for the operation of radio or television stations.
1. The right to information is guaranteed.
2. Everyone has the right, in compliance with law, to get information about the activity of state organs, as well as of persons who exercise state functions.
3. Everybody is given the possibility to follow the meetings of collectively elected organs.
1. No one may be obliged, except when the law requires it, to make public data connected with his person.
2. The collection, use and making public of data about a person is done with his consent, except for the cases provided by law.
3. Everyone has the right to become acquainted with data collected about him, except for the cases provided by law.
4. Everyone has the right to request the correction or expunging of untrue or incomplete data or data collected in violation of law.
(The English translation is done by: Kathleen Imholz, Esq., Krenar Loloçi, Esq.,and ACCAPP)
Law on audiovisual media (english .pdf - download)
Law on the right to information on official documents (english .doc - download)
Law on protection of personal data (english .pdf - download)
Electoral code of the Republic of Albania excerpts (english .pdf - download)